Winners of the selected categories listed below will be invited to pour their beers at the German Historical Society's Philly Bierfest.
Entrants will need to provide either one case of bottles or one half-filled five-gallon Corny keg (and set-up) for the event. Beer can be re-brewed for the event.
All beers will compete for a people's choice award.
Only the following categories are eligible to participate:
- 3 Czech Lager
- 4 Pale Malty European Lager
- 5 Pale Bitter European Lager
- 6 Amber Malty European Lager
- 7 Amber Bitter European Beer
- 8 Dark European Beer
- 9A,B Doppelbock, Eisbock
- 10 German Wheat Beer
- 27 & 34 (German origin must be justified)
Brewers entering these categories must reserve an additional bottle. If requested, this bottle must be submitted to
Home Sweet Homebrew by Nov. 4th. One beer will be selected by Free Will Brewing staff to be brewed for next year's event.
- 2015: Michael Soo, Passionfruit Berliner
- 2016: Chris Higgins, Kolsch